View Single Post
      08-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
rmhumr
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vnegs View Post
In my opinion, since this is your first new vehicle negotiation in a while and have no specific dealership ties, the best way to negotiate is to go someplace where you have not wasted anyones time with a test drive, or sat around and talked to them.

Call first, talk to a sales guy, say you are shopping an M235i, you will email him the options and the price you want to pay.

Rinse and repeat every dealer you are willing to drive to until you get your deal.

Done.

Look to pay 500-750 over invoice, which is 7-7.5% below MSRP depending on your options. You can get that deal easy, you just have to try.
I wasted a lot of time because I listened to advice like that. Right now, it's pretty much impossible to get 500-750 over invoice for an m235i.

I can tell you however I did find $2000 off MSRP for performance center delivery. Also if you are flexible, and can take delivery at a performance center, or willing to drive to dealership far away, or even fly to Europe (which is what I'm doing) you can get a really, really good deal.
Appreciate 0