TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanecarmaster1 View Post
It's almost weird to veer into other communities, Audi or Mercedes comes to mind, where they're constantly improving their products for the better of their customers. Does everyone know that the new Audi S3 actually likes to break its tail on a track? Do you know who STILL USES HIGH REVVING V8 ENGINES? Do you know who isn't cheapening their interiors? Do you know who actually invests some time and effort into their designs? Do you know who actually tries to be innovative and move forward in a positive way? Not BMW.
1. S3 likes to break it's tail on the track. What? and BMW's don't?

2. High Revving V8 Engines. Does BMW not have high revving V8s? Look at the AMG engines that were used in the current generation, those are already stated to be gone next-gen. Everyone is downsizing. It's so easy to take an engine (from Lamborghini), tweak it and throw it in a car vs. having to build one in house. This isn't even about which engine is better, it's strictly about the resources available and Audi has this in spades over BMW and it's not even close. This point/argument is stupid.

3. Who's cheapening their interiors? Mercedes is the only one that I can say has the best interiors in terms of quality. But this is subjective. All 3 marques have their high's and low's.

4. Innovative? What, the i8 and i3 aren't innovative? Who else is mass producing their own CFRP and planning on using it extensively throughout their lineup?

Nothing you stated or pointed out proves anything. It's just things you (the enthusiast) dislike about BMW but you don't see that all 3 German marques are more or less the same now. You can't say one is better than the other.

Let me ask you something. Which marque(s) are part of a bigger auto group? Not BMW.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 03-07-2014 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0