View Single Post
      03-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #15
emtrey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M235IX, 06 Carrera S, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA-RET View Post
Echo that. I always wondered how throttle response would be in a Porsche. I know that if you keep the rev's up they are fine and responsive, but was wondering if, like the Audi TT-S I test drove, the Porsche displays the same characteristics as the Audi did when "blipping" the throttle as you roll along.

Bimmer was way more responsive to my throttle input than the Audi was. Only way I could get the Audi to compare was manually shift down one gear.

The turbos in the BMW certainly make for more instantaneous throttle response than a non aspirated P car. Certainly, you can help that along with downshifting a 3 pedal or PDK equipped Porsche.

I refer to the Porsche as "relentless". I just continues to accelerate seamlessly. It does not throw you back in the seat like a turbocharged BMW or big block V-8. It pushes you back FIRMLY in your seat and never lets you back UP. There is plenty of "throttle response--its just very linear."

Its really not fair to compare a very quick, very sporty coupe to a tried and true sports car with many years of breeding and twice the price. Both great cars in their own way. I love my little pocket rocket but I would never give up my 911 ( even for a new one--I don't want elec. steering, PDK or too much GT car stuff. ).

I count myself as very lucky to have both.

Congrats to the owner of the GTS--gorgeous car.

Last edited by emtrey; 03-25-2018 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
kunzjob40.00