05-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Old School vs New School EB Dustup

Ahoy,

Just got back from a rolicking trip to Central CA to do some wine tasting with some friends AND break in my new EB M235i. One of my friends on the trip is a veteran driver with a bad ass garage filled with M iron. He selected his rare M Coupe (aka "Clown Shoe"), which has been highly-track prepped with mods to the NA engine, LSD, lowered/tightened suspension and massive rubber all around. He's also an expert driver and is giving training at Laguna Seca next week, so he knows what he's doing at the wheel.

We had a couple of canyon blasts with each other. His little car definitely goes like stink. I had my hands full at times keeping up with him…especially as I was trying to keep my revs conservative during break in. We got onto some dusty roads where he rooster-tailed on me a bit.

(shaking my fist)

A few minutes later, he swung wide in a corner (due to ground clearance concerns) and I was able to snake him and return a little dust back at him. My RPM's *might* have danced a bit over 4k on that one. :-)

It was a LOT of fun shaking this ride out in the foothills and canyons! I also liked how the turbo on mine gave me some serious pull up some of the hills where he was having to wind out a bit more. Motor, brakes, seats and suspension on the 235i were VERY nice as I tossed it around these exquisite roads. I'll know a lot more after things are properly broken in and I can use the entire range of power.

Still…a mighty fun weekend!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1