View Single Post
      03-29-2016, 07:01 PM   #158
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by megacondenser View Post
Regretted this purchase almost immediately. Downgraded into it thinking I could live with a cheaper/more practical ride than what I had before, my kids are getting bigger etc etc. Believed the auto media hype and ignored my instincts on a few test drives, figuring I just needed some time to get used to it. Nope.

It's sorta torquey but slow, it rotates nicely but rolls like an old rowboat through turns, the driver's seat position is terrible (for me at least). Feels cheap inside. Stock wheels as soft as clay. The ill-considered M badges. That back end. I could go on.

And these cars dump their value. Cars all do obviously, but I (like some others I have seen on this forum) have been really disappointed in what even lightly used ones get offered in trade/resale etc. Gonna pay through the nose now that I finally decided to get out of it. But I don't care, it's worth it to be rid of it. I stopped driving it ages ago; bought a C63 a month after I took delivery.

I usually don't post, just read with genuine interest, but this thread asked what you hate about your 2 series and I guess my frustration over my own stupidity reached a boil & I have a couple oz of whisky in me and hence my reply: pretty much hate everything. Feels better to have vented though.

Hey, opinions right? YMMV of course; I am glad y'all like yours. Cheers.
I think you may be the unhappiest Canadian I've known since my wife introduced her parents (in Kitchener) to their imminent son-in-law (from Brooklyn)!

I left MB to come here, and couldn't imagine going back for my own personal reasons. Sorry you had to go through a mis-match of car and driver, but also wondering what was the prior car and how you like the C63? I can see that someone who truly likes one of these brands might not care for the other, having owned both. I don't think I could even look at an MB with the Ipod on the IP design inside, although the new E Class shows that may be a brief moment in history for the C family.

Hope your next ride is more pleasing for you!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0