View Single Post
      05-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #14
AyoTrev
Rep
Drives: 03' S2000 AP1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby66 View Post
I have been there myself on this decision, unless it was a 2012 with extended 4 years warranty with 50k low kms then I would take the m3. In the end dated m3 tech/interior was too much for me. Honestly, think about where you are in your life and what you want, for me I spend most of my time cruising to work and getting around to cottages, fast enough for spirited highway driving and eco enough for stop and go traffic. Always remember the shitty roads we drive in toronto....m3 is a harsh suspension.
You make a very good point. At the moment its not like I don't have a car, but more of a "man, i want so much more" kind of deal. More and more, im convinced I should just get a completely crazy summer car of my dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant601 View Post
So, I don't own an m235i, I own a 228i. I can attest to how great of a car the 2 series is, however, at a lower power level than the 235. As a 24 year old who was just able to buy his very first car (the same 228), I've always lusted after the c63. The sound, the looks, the engine, and the all out insane nature of what it is always made me drool.

That being said, as I live in northern new jersey and we get snow from November to March, bonkers power and rear wheel drive was not something I was comfortable using as a year round, only car, daily driver (plus the insurance on that thing for a male my age, eek). I chose the 2 series because I was able to get it in xdrive and it gave me a sporty, fun, light, driver's car that I could use year round. It ticked all the boxes for me in one shot.

If I had the money, was a little older (darn you insurance companies), and could swing two cars, you bet I would have got a c63 for the summer and something less nuts for the winter.....but I can't. So I went the middle ground and have had a blast in the little over a month I've had my 2 with zero regrets.

Think long and hard about your Canadian weather and road conditions. Are two cars feasible for you? If so, I think you have your answer (I would totally get a 2nd summer car and keep the tsx for winter, it's my final answer). If not, it might serve you best to comfortably sit in that middle ground that the 235i represents. You will not be sorry either way. Keep us posted on your decision!
I can totally see how the 2 series can fit all my needs for just one car. Small, fast, efficient. Slap on the xdrive and some decent winters and ill be good all year round. I think i'm more stuck on the wants rather than the needs. I think what I need is that m2 to come out at a price point of 60k tax in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeru View Post
OP,
I'm not a 235i owner, but have test driven a RWD model and loved it. Since you seem to love spirited handling and performance, I'm sure you'd feel the same and fond memories of your Acura will fade.

Used BMW M or Merc AMG:
Their price-point may be lower than a new M235i in some cases, but unadvisable to consider those without original or extended warranties. As you probably know, their cost of ownership is not for the faint hearted.
Possibly, a low mileage CPO M235i is the best option?
The price point of the m235i isn't that much of a problem I don't think. My maximum tax in and everything was around 60k anyways. 60k can buy a lot of fantastic cars now a days which is why I brought up CPO m3s and c63s. It just seems like I'm getting a lot more "car" in the m3 and c63 compared to the m235i where I get a load of car and a load of tech.
Appreciate 0