12-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #120
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckbilodeau View Post
Recaro Race seats, its a race car.

I wonder why people keep linking this to street stuff. No you cant use these seats in your street car. Who cares about the color, its a race car thats going to be covered with sponsors anyway, no you cant use it in the street, Its a race car with no interior. No you cant retrofit the brake on your street car, they're made for racing purpose. The fender flares have a purpose, wider track for better handling and to accomodate wider tires, its useless on your street car you're not going to turn any faster at the street light. No the M2 fenders will no look like that.

Think M3 GT4, think GT3 cup car, think Mercedes SLS GT3; but at a discount. But please quit dreaming about what this means for the next street car or WTV. BMW sees Porsche is doing well with their custommer racing programme and how is positively affects car sales and image. BMW is hoping to do something similar. They started slowly with the E46 motosport shell, then the E90 320 touring car, the Z4 GT3, the M3 GT4. I think this is going to be their best move yet for a true custommer racing programme.

the ordering guide is online btw.

they will even hace a series, a little like the Porsche GT3 CUP or the Ferrari Challenge.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/cars/bmw-m235ir.html
It does seem like BMW is creating a clubsport atmosphere, & using both the Racing and M235i as a lead-in to BMW new Halo car, the //M2. To have an all-encompassing sports program.

I do believe the M2 will be a more track focused beast, than it's older brother, the M4. I think it will come with many cf bits, & be too light for the M4, to take top honors.

That is why it is being kept secret. But no matter what 2-series you own in the future, there will be a path for you to tweak & modify... all under BMW's watchful eye.
Appreciate 0