Quick135
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGuyEddie View Post
Read his comment on the size he is running and likely fender rubbing. I understand that 245 is standard on tr factory 18s, but what about on 19s? From what I have read, it looks like having to choose the lesser of 2 evils between 1) running 18s, which in my personal opinion look too small, and 2) running a relatively narrow 19" wheel/tire in the rear.
And all of this on stock suspension.

I fought wheel sizing issues with the 135i and I was hoping that the 235i was going to be closer to the 335i when it came to wheels and offsets--especially with the early reports of rolled rear fenders from the factory. Alas, not the case. Instead of getting better, its worse.

I run 255s on 19" Alufelgen SF-71 on my 1er (on eibachs) and 235s on the front. By the OPs estimation, my fronts would probably work on the rears of the 2...on a stock suspension. Who knows what happens if/when you drop it.

I know many have complained about the lack of an oil temp gauge but there are about 5 different ways to remedy that. The wheel issue is the only thing that has stopped me from ordering one. Its the only negative I can find with the m235i, but for me its a big one.
Appreciate 0