07-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #61
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post

Meh, get over it already, you're not the target and try to see the bigger pix..

Yah they gotta watch dilution of the brand... But this vehicle can add profit to the bottom line, add more buyers sooner and add more bmws per garage than currently today..

If it adds profits for development of the next generation M Cars, "enthusiast cars?" You should be clapping your hands with glee at the role this vehicle can play in the portfolio...

The vehicle with its price tag targets younger buyers into the franchise sooner (biz that would have gone to Toyota or Honda) and therefore you got a better chance of moving them to a 2,3 or 4 later with incentives, pull aheads etc...

So then you've acquired a long-time buyer earlier and you're adding profit to the bottom line to help develop the next generation of M cars and enthusiast vehicles...Yes, a pattern is developing..

So thats the penetration strategy....What about a buy rate strategy too??

How about more bmw vehicles for households that have one bmw today? This vehicle can also serve as a second car for current bmw owners who's second car today is a Camry or Accord due to budget reasons..Now they can have the second BMW in the garage and BMW has more $$ at the bottom line to help fund future M car and enthusiast vehicle development...Theres that pattern again

This is the biggest move by BMW since the ev....

Last edited by midwest 340xi 6sp; 07-18-2014 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0