12-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #100
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdcoast228i View Post
Even just limiting things to 2 series, someone out there is modding the crap out of their car.
Yup, another reason why magazine spec's are useless in the real world. One tune, one simple mod, even tires, and everything changes from a performance capability perspective. I understand it goes both ways, but where do you ever draw the line?

Prime example: C63 AMG sedan owner at recent HPDE event.

AMG dude: "Hey buddy, nice bimmer you got there, what kind of hp are you making?"

Me: "Thanks man, makes about 350whp give or take, 400ish ft-lbs, but I bought it to drive it, hard. So this power is suitable for my needs. What's going on with this here AMG?"

AMG dude: "With the tune and exhaust my AMG is putting out 610hp, some say more depending on altitude (yea, he went there)"

Me: "Wow that's crazy! How do you even hook up with so much power?" Noticing he has conti DWS, worn badly..

AMG dude: "I keep it in sport mode and it never spins, has e-lsd"

Me: "Ohh okay, makes total sense, see ya on the track in a few, yea?"

Lunch break after 3x20 minute sessions

AMG dude: "Bro, you really push that car, eh!? You pulled away from me so easily.." I honestly would have pulled a schoolbus length if we had room, his car was nowhere near his HP expectation..

Me: "I am pretty comfortable in this car, so I can use all of its available power/grip"

AMG dude: "Yea but you like, passed me, the 911, the CTS-V and the Jag R, twice in 20 minutes!!"

Me: "Must be everyone getting used to the track, keep at it!"...

Actually was my first time, at Area 27. And this is the exact reason I opted for the M-lite car, no one expects anything from it, because it's FAR INFERIOR to the M2

Last edited by Dylan86; 12-05-2017 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 3
BarryJI423.50
WolfGTI716.00