View Single Post
      02-20-2017, 03:40 PM   #25
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
I coded out the bulb check with an android app called "Carly for BMW" which worked great and is easy to use. There is still one brake light bulb on each side that does the check every 30 seconds, the rest of the bulbs are flicker free now. Carly has promised to update their coding software to include the 3rd brake light bulb. If Carly doesn't fix their software for the 2 series to include the third brake bulb I will be forced to manually code it out.
Just looked up this app... It looks awesome. Do you need the Carly specific Bluetooth dongle or can you use anyone? What have you coded so far with it?[/QUOTE]
You will need to get the new version of their dongle. It is really easy to code with Carly. I know the menus now so I can go through and tweak my settings in just a few minutes. I don't have a list of codes that I've changed, like I said it is so quick that you can experiment with the settings. Some of the tweaks I remember are: door handle lights up in reverse; courtesy lights (unlock car) include halo, turn signal, door, tail, and brake lights then coded them all to stay on for 2 minutes; turn signal short interval is 5 flashes now instead of 3; (just for fun) I have M2 in the dash display, just when you enter the car, then it goes back to M235i; of course I coded out the bulb voltage check; those are just a few that I remember off hand.

Last edited by AlpsRider; 02-20-2017 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0