View Single Post
      11-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #48
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Will the auto just disregard any downshift that will over-rev or will it delay until the downshift is safe and does the auto blip the throttle?
Can you flick the shift-paddle three times on a straight with a floored throttle and as you slow for a turn will those three earlier shift-paddle flicks automatically go through when the speeds are appropriate?
If downshifting will already put you into the top of the powerband then it's pointless to do it, so I've never tried to then see what would happen.

Throttle position has nothing to do with the ability to shift, but in reality you want to downshift and THEN floor it. More importantly, if you have to drop 3 gears it would be faster to floor the car past the kick down point, let it auto downshift to the correct gear and then you're accelerating at max velocity.

If you are driving the car with the paddles you should shift them just like you were shifting with a manual transmission. If you don't know how to drive a manual transmission then I suppose it brings up why some of these weird questions are being asked.