View Single Post
      05-28-2015, 12:34 PM   #21
proflex957
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330ci ZHP, M235

Here's one possible option.

I had a '02 330Ci that I had for about 1 year and got rear ended while I was stopped, waiting to get off the freeway. Both front and rear was badly damaged (bent frame) but my insurance (21st century ) wouldn't total it because the damage wasn't 80% the value of the car. I was pissed....I didn't want the car back because the extensive damage. Let alone the diminished value....that's a whole different story. Also, the time paying for a rental car.

But what I did was that I found a body shop that repaired Ferrari's, Porsche's and BMW's, etc. and asked the owner if any of his guys wanted to buy my wrecked car. I found a guy who bought it and got a check from 21st century for the repair work. Then I went and bought a new car. You lose some money here....but not too much.

Because of my extensive damage I would never be able to get a decent trade-in because they can't sell it as a CPO. So your other option is get it repaired and keep the car for a long time to take off the sting of the diminished value hit.
Appreciate 0