View Single Post
      11-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #35
voltaire
Registered
Rep
Drives: 228iMT

I should add that our (Oz) packaging is somewhat different to US packaging: my 228i 6MT has the equivalent Msport THP and lowered suspension, reversing camera (MY 2016) std, sports seats come with Msport, comfort package adds electric & memory lumbar, adjustments to seats, mirrors, radio, a/c, telephone & nav & proximity entry. Oh yes and they included heated seats - which is hardly needed in Sydney or even skiing but configuring it separately without that would actually cost more (go figure!!).

Don't really miss the inline 6 from the 330ci and the hardest thing to get used to was the need to automatically turn off the stop/start and adjust to sport...but that is now on autopilot...

Balance of car for a DD is really very good iideed and it has exactly enough space for what we need (alas the Cayman did not).

I think part of the exaggerated price differential in Oz betweeen 4pot and 6pot is the luxury car tax imposed - and that the consumption figures for the 228/230 allowed me to take advantage to avoid that tax (even with my configuration) whereas the 6pot 235/240 did not.... we still pay substantially more than US but when adjusted for equipment included and ALL taxes it is closer than it used to be (and still nowhere near the Porsche differential).

Unless you are dragging/tracking, this 4 cylinder tuned provides pretty good bang for buck since it is not far off M3 times of 2003...and certainly quick enough to lose a licence speedily!

One thing I would recommend: the BMW rubber floor mats and tray for the boot both to prevent sliding and aid in cleaning out grot from golf, tennis, skis, grocery shopping...and the boot actually is more usable although smaller than the e46 in litres while the interior is definitely more user friendly for space.
Appreciate 1