Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
I read in the dealer guide that the Manual Transmission is the same as the one in the new M3/4. So guessing it should be very good: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=932851

That said I have the ZF8 with the "Sport Auto" option in my current 335i. The shifts are blisteringly fast and I think it'd be really hard to tell a difference between the new ZF8 and the DCT.
Great info about the 6 speed! Didn't know that.

I've driven your car actually (belongs to my business partner), and you can tell the difference between the DCT in my car (135i M-sport) and the ZF8 in yours. That said, I don't think you could tell the difference unless you drove them immediately back to back of one another. While it is very good, the engineer in me has to nitpick at the fact that it is a slushbox.

I know they are geared a bit differently too, and the ZF8 has a very tall final drive for fuel economy. While this is nice, I'm not sure I can be sold on the ZF8 transmission.

Then again, I'd be more interested in the M2 than this car.