pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman6074
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I'll give it a try when I grab lunch to verify. My one question though is if the shifter was slid over to the left towards the driver. If you just pull a paddle without moving the shift level in the full manual position the car will eventually override the gear as it reverts back into automatic mode.

Sorry I wish I knew the answer for the the M235i, but I assume it operates the same way.
Cool let me know. Thanks for giving it a try. I am not sure he had the shifter slid to the left. I just know he pushed the button for sport +.
Yea i am assuming it will be the same setup as the 335i Msport. But never know. With all these different models its hard to keep up with all the features.
Here is what I discovered. If you are in manual mode with the shifter in the left position, the transmission will only downshift if you activate the kick down feature on the gas pedal. You can floor the car and it won't downshift as long as you don't activate the kick down. I did a few pulls in 6th gear from 1200 RPMs with no downshifts.
Appreciate 0