View Single Post
      08-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #39
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by four7 View Post
First off, to all saying APR or a tuned VAG is unreliable, I ran my STG2 GTi for 80k and no problems, and no I don't baby my cars. APR is kinda-of the Dinan of the VAG world, they take their time; produce a safe, lower power, product than competitors. All that being said, has anyone ever contacted APR about entering the BMW world? They have the resources to...
There is lots of local Audi and VW guys on APR without issues. And all of our GIAC customers are very happy as well with their GTI or Golf R.

Both APR and GIAC take their time on R&D, they double and triple check on a dyno and real world and sometimes on the track(I know GIAC is tested on the track as we lots of testing for them on the BMW platforms) to make sure the software is reliable, smooth and deliver power within the designed parameters of the hardware.

Piggy backs are just not reliable enough for track duty. I can't remember the last time I see any piggy backs ran reliably for the full 20-25 minute track session. Often they are in the pits resetting or the vehicle will go into a limp mode in a couple of hot laps.
Appreciate 0