View Single Post
      07-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #175
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK235iNJ View Post
I spoke to a gentleman named Scott (I'm pretty sure he handles NJ). When you call it will ask you for your state. It will then route you to a rep I'm assuming depending on where you are located.

If I don't receive the dyno graphs or the baseline numbers for the car they used I will call back tomorrow.

I will say this he did not mention anything about a Stage 2 and I specifically asked. He said this is it for now and to take into consideration once I have the hardware I'll be able to update.

I also asked him his thoughts on the JB4 and why Dinan is better. He basically said that they are selling us a processor that is adjusting counters (all the necessary ones) to ensure the car is not running lean, rich or faulting. He mentioned that most of the piggyback tunes trick the ECU to allow for more boost while at the same time clearing codes and CELs. Air and Fuel mixture is not adjusted the way it should be. As for me there is NO WAY I'm putting a rig on my car just to make it faster. This is the 3rd car I'm going to tune and I've learned that going cheap on the tune can be pretty deadly (I've typically dyno tuned only).

I'll keep you posted on what else I find out.
I'm not sure if im reading this right but you asked a dinan dealer why their product is better? lol… I wouldn't consider the JB4 a rig. it seems pretty tunable from what i can see. is dinans ecu fully tunable, or are they just giving out flash updates?

either way, its your money. i don't think theres a right or wrong way to spend it. some people are satisfied dumping cash on few measly ponies, but id rather drive like a rocket and to its limits for a few years and return it.
Appreciate 0