08-07-2015, 02:26 PM   #95
ketema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketema View Post
I am interested in understanding how the new clutch and flywheel affect the driving characteristics of the car? I just got clutch master's FW-075-AL and 03075-HDFF-D and will have it installed soon for my 235i. can you describe the effect of this upgrade? for example does it make the throttle more responsive? I'm imagining it revving much quicker, but I really have no frame of reference. Thanks in advance for your description.
Well now I think I can answer my own question. Just got the car back today after having the Clutch Master's FW-075-AL and 03075-HDFF-D Flywheel and Clutch installed. First thing I noticed is that the clutch engagement point is waaay lower/earlier than on the stock car. The thing just grabs. It was a little disconcerting and I'll admit I stalled it on the first try as I had no idea what to expect. I adjusted quickly, but now I have to admit there is way too much travel in my clutch pedal now. I could operate it with my tippy toes. Definitely need a way to eliminate all the extra travel. Suggestions welcome.

Secondly its loud. At first I thought it was the AC, but when idling in nuetral its makes a raspy sound. My mechanic said thats normal. I hope so. It does not bother me if it is because I'm using it as a track toy, but it is noticeable.

Thirdly after driving it a bit and getting used to it, I noticed that the revs do not drop when up shifting. When down shifting the throttle is more responsive and the engine is easier to rev match because 1 the revs don't drop that much and 2 less throttle was needed to make the tach move. (in sport+)

GSR is this comparable to your experience? Anything not "normal" about having a high performance clutch and flywheel?
2015 6M Black Sapphire Metallic | MPE w/Carbon Tips | Digital MP Steering Wheel | Carbon Interior | StopTech Slotted Rotors | Pagid RSL1 Race Pads | KW Clubsport Coilovers | DINAN Stage 2 and Carbon air intake | Clutch Masters Lightweight Performance Clutch and Flywheel | Hotchkis Anti-Roll Bars | Enkei RS05RR 18" Racing Wheels
Appreciate 0