View Single Post
      05-16-2018, 09:24 AM   #57
geonutt
Rep
Drives: m235i

I'll chime in here too, as I'm more concerned about your 'expectations' then your pads, which imho (based only off photos) crumbled because they were way passed worn out... there is no really simple equation that you should get X number of hours out of a pad. how long your pads will last depend on many factors, track, setup, weight, how you drive, etc. And given your setup, tracks and noted time around msrc you are on the aggressive side of all those. Just as an example I've seen miata's, which can weigh over 1000lbs less and have over 200 less hp, blow through endurance pads in as little as 9 hours but also last over 24... why? it just depends on all the factors listed above. Lessoned learned, check, check, check, fluids, tires, brakes, etc. Last thing you want is your brakes to not function to expectation when 3 cars unexpectedly check up in front of you when you are doing 100+.

Otherwise cool build... don't let this discourage you but use it as a lesson learned and have fun! and most importantly take comments, like mine, from internet forums with a small grain of salt. No matter what I tell you, you really have no idea what my experience is or if what I'm saying holds value :-).
Appreciate 0