View Single Post
      05-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #8
rainfall
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A

I agree that it depends on how much you value to get a new car. I've had 3 cars so far and my last one was brand new. I had it for only 12 months. It had literally 6.7k miles max, no dents, scratches, pampered every other week. I moved to US and sold it for like 18% less than what I paid after 3-4 months having it sitting in the garage.

It was in another currency, but if I remember well, I had to save for like 30 months to get that car.

Would I buy a brand new car if I knew I was going to relocate? No. Would I buy it if it was going to stay? Definitely.
In my case, there was no CPO option, but I think they are pretty good deals. They look like new and sometimes drive like new. I would consider getting one as well.

In my mental math, the leased BMWs depreciate 40% during 3 years. To make things simple, I'd say they depreciate 15% on the first year another 15% on the secodn year and 10% on the third year.
That said, if you can get a 3 year old CPO for roughly 25-30% less than MSRP, I think it's a good deal (bmw did the inspection and warranty for you, plus they have to make money, right?)
Appreciate 0