danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust350z View Post
Does the 2 series come with the "Sun protection glazing" factory option like the 1er? ie the tint is between the layers of glass.

EDIT: Yes it does. Option 420."Sun protection glazing - darker tinted glass for rear and rear side windows"
This is very interesting. This option was definitely not offered to me when I built my car online nor when my CA went over all the options with me. You mentioning this made me wonder if BMW just started to include this in the standard features, so, I messaged my CA this morning to find out whether my car has "Sun Protection Glazing". He responded, "I believe it has privacy glass standard...But I will double check today. It's like a light factory tint."

I may also give BMW USA customer service a call and see if they can shed any light (no pun intended ).

Meanwhile, I'd love to see more pictures of what a 2 Series looks like before tinting. I'm curious if cars earlier in the 2014 MY had lighter glass.

Last edited by danimal; 07-25-2014 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0