View Single Post
      10-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
lazyrhino
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Package

Smile BMW M235i - My Progress Thread

As a new forum user from the UK, and a 'soon to be' BMW M235i owner, thought I'd start up my proper progress thread in preparation for the impending delivery of my new vehicle!

After some very unfortunate and unpleasant experiences with my BMW 125D M Sport (brand new factory build registered back in November 2012), including two full turbo replacements, a shattered track control arm, and a heck of a lot of complaining, BMW UK finally agreed to help get me into a new car this week!

I've gone for the car I've always absolutely loved the thought of, even before its release - the M235i. After having test driven one, I instantly fell in love. Managed to absolutely nail my local dealership to the floor on the price of a beautiful pre-built (non-registered) car they had ready for sale at the showroom, and I should hopefully be collecting it early next week! Full specs of the car below:

Model:
- BMW M235i (F22) in Melbourne Red Metallic
- Sport Automatic Transmission

Interior:
LCSW - Black Dakota Leather
4AD - Brushed Aluminium Trim
4DL - High-gloss Black Interior Trim Finisher

Extras:
Z0C - Visibility Package (Adaptive Xenons, High-beam Assist)
Z0D - Sun Protection Package
ZNP - Media Package - BMW Professional ('Pro-Nav')
2VF - Adaptive M Sport Suspension
430 - Ext. Mirrors, Folding, Auto Dimming
494 - Seat Heating (Front)
674 - Harmon Kardon - Hi-Fi

Other than my previous highly troublesome 125D, every car I've ever owned has been a bit of a project for me, my most notable being my very unique looking 8L shape Audi S3.
Naturally therefore, I have a few plans for my new M235i, hence my starting a progress thread. So far, the list consists of:
- Enhanced Bluetooth retrofit (Via E-Sys)
- Cruise Control retrofit (Parts installation and E-Sys)
- BMW M Performance front bumper/splitter
- BMW M Performance rear bumper/diffuser
- BMW M Performance door sill strips
- BMW M Performance black front kidney grille inserts
- Aftermarket full exhaust system (undecided on which to go for yet)
- Aftermarket alloys (again undecided on these so far, although the Rotiform IND keep catching my eye)
- Performance remap (again, undecided on whether to go for a bespoke custom map, or an off-the-shelf map from the likes of Revo)

I'll of course keep this thread up to date with how things are moving, and with pictures! Hopefully they'll be a fair few people interested to keep up with the project!

A couple of initial questions for all you F series owners out there as well:
- Can anyone recommend some decent polishes/waxes for the Melbourne Red Metallic? Seems like it could be a tricky colour to keep sparkling!
- Whilst the car comes with Pro-Nav (ZNP), Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS) was not fitted on the factory build. I've had Enhanced Bluetooth on my 125D, and it was incredibly useful, so it's something I'd be looking to code for sure. I'm aware that because the car has Pro-Nav, the necessary hardware already exists on the build, so I've managed to get hold of an ENET (RJ45) Lead, and a full copy of BMW E-SYS 3.25.3 with PSdZData 52.1 (token and pin sorted also). Being an IT Technician by trade, I'm fairly savvy with these sort of things generally, but BMW E-SYS is totally new to me. If anyone could give me some advice on making the simple coding change of 6NK to 6NS (Enhanced Bluetooth), that would be much appreciated!
- If anyone has any proper UK price/spec lists for the M Performance parts range (most specifically, the bumpers and bodywork), I would love to see these. I can't seem to find any pricing for the bodywork parts online. I'd also be keen on getting hold of some fitting guides too, if anyone has those?

I'll look forward to speaking with everyone in the coming months!

Last edited by lazyrhino; 10-26-2014 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: Modifications to plans
Appreciate 0