Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Cool Video: BMW M235i Continues Testing at The Ring Ahead of 2014 Detroit Debut

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Video: BMW M235i Continues Testing at The Ring Ahead of 2014 Detroit Debut
COMMENTS

The M235i / 2 Series is due soon and while we wait, it's undergoing some final performance testing on the Nurburgring, where it's said by BMW to be able to beat the 1M Coupe.

Klaus Froehlich, Senior Vice President Brand and Product Strategies at BMW recently revealed these little tidbits:

The M235i is as close a spiritual successor to the 2002ti that we've had. My initial benchmark was that it will be faster than the BMW 1M Coupe around the Nurburgring, which it is.
"I have just signed off the M235i’s M Sport performance kit, which will include a proper limited slip differential. I’m just working out whether to make this an option on all models.

Although the M235i remains in camouflage, it's not hard to imagine what's underneath as we've previously shown you a nearly fully uncovered model (reposted below). The M235i will feature the same powerplant and mechanicals as the acclaimed M135i hatchback.

The following is an in-person testimony from Swadeness who was at the Nurburgring and witnessed the M235i prototype during testing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post

I can't wait either! I was at the ring today and got to see it do 10 laps or so and it looked great. Standing on the side of the track I couldn't tell any speed difference between it and the M3 and M4 test cars. The sound was pretty close to them as we'll but just a little quieter...very N55ish (obviously). I think this car is a manual as it did not have the very distinctive snort/fart the M3 and 4 did on their gear change.

The M235i and 228i coupe will be the first 2 Series models available in the US. Both models will begin production in November 2013, as a 2014 model year. Expect deliveries beginning late 2013 - early 2014.

Look here for the first official details on the 2 Series lineup beginning in early Fall, followed by a debut at the 2014 NAIAS in Detroit in January.

Follow our 2 Series news, coverage, and updates @ http://www.bimmerpost.com/2-series/

BMW M235i Revealed

Appreciate 0