03-17-2015, 11:54 AM   #19
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
Supernaut: it has nothing to do with anything but a way to increase the bottom-line. Why the badge in RoW? Etc.

Up until the introduction of the new 2er sport coupes, BMW was driving down a slippery slope of eco-geo-politico bland cars. Days of the M-Powered cars that gave that alphabet the motor sports recognition were numbered. Or should I say "numb."

I'm hopeful that Bayerische Motoren Werke AG continues on the path of giving us motoring enthusiasts products like the M235i for years to come. It's alright to make bread and butter, cookie-cutter cars for RoW but don't forsake the performance side of the house, and we'll keep flying the flag high and buying the cars as quickly as they're produced.
"It's alright to make bread and butter, cookie-cutter cars for RoW but don't forsake the performance side of the house"

Ok, it must be my IQ. Why am I not understanding this statement ?

I thought that it's the USA that's the prime reason for the ocean liner sized boring luxury cars they've been making of late. In Europe, as far as I know, boats aren't popular on the roads. They prefer hatchbacks.

So, that said, cookie-cutter cars aren't really for RoW, are they ? They're meant for the average BMW driver in the US who doesn't care about performance.

Right ? What did I miss ?