03-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #68
TractionControlOff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i Dinan Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Don't care.

The 4-series was designed to entice the femininity within you, otherwise it would have more presence than the 3-series.

My neighbor said my 135is was "cute", as well. I bought it for it's performance, not looks. But, at the time of purchase, there was no choice of a meaner looking sedan version of my coupe. (I wanted a M135i, but it is not offered in NA)

@ NAIAS I heard the same comments, where most men standing around preferred the M3, over the prettier M4. That is where the term "bitch car" sunk in.
I think Alpine's point is that even if you are right about the 4 being a little feminine, you dont have to be such an extremist about it. The 4 is designed (succesfully or not) to be a sexy car. And probably many who drive it want girls to like it. It has been my experience that a lot of girls want to own a cute car like the 1 for its looks, and often not because they are driving enthusiasts...so what does that make the 1 series? You make some good points, but try to respect other members of the forum who may love the 4. (I prefer the 3 btw)
Appreciate 0