03-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #103
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
You all need to get over it.
This is not about America. This is about building competitive cars for a global market , cars which appeal to many customer bases that have defining needs and lifestyles. BMW do not depend on one market.

I remember BMW franchises rejecting MINI back in the pre-launch days , they not only missed the opportunity of the success of MINI but they lost the BMW franchise.

And please stop with the comparisons to GM.
BMW has a strategy GM did not. In the mid-2000s BMW were showcasing innovations for Efficient Dynamics , pre-warning of environmental legislation.
GM showcased a new Hummer.

If any of you came to Europe , you would be shocked at what BMW sell as a 1er or 3er in its most basic format.

lol^

We don't have to get over anything, it is you that has to get over the fact, You let your company design something so repugnant & hilarious.

Secondly, why then market that garbage in America, instead of something that people's been asking for..? Such as a small hatchback and wagons. (ie: M135i) Lost touch with reality?

Lastly, if you are looking back to 2000's for a profile of GM/Ford, then no wonder why BMW's hubris is pushing your core customers away. GM is a new company bro...

BTW... the ford Escape gets 32mpg.
And is a respectable SUV to be caught driving. I don't think I could take the sustained laughes, if I pulled up with a BMW Active Tourer... it's so embarrassing, it taints the whole brand.
Appreciate 0