View Single Post
      11-28-2021, 09:46 PM   #97
rtl32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

I've noticed this is common on all the actual M cars - I think it has something to do with the DCT's relationship with the ECU (causing ignition to retard timing to slow the RPM faster to shift faster) and thus creates a anti lag effect similar to that of the new flash tune antilags.

If I were to guess- they both retard timing heavily to create boost, one (flashed M235i) does it to limit RPM climb during boost build up and the other (M2 that makes this sound) does it to actively lower RPM between shifts but with the same mechanism (deep negative timing - essentially running gas through the cylinder and out while engine braking hard off the compression phase). N55 M2 w/ 6MT models probably share the same ECU as the DCT M2 and and have a similar ignition retard function on shifts because it has auto rev match, which does the same quick reduction of RPM mid shift.

My 2 cents. Programming this in would likely go hand in hand with auto rev match features. It also may not be possible to tune in this condition to our ECUS. Could someone from protuning freaks mhd or other tuning company with an understanding of both platforms pitch in?
14' Alpine White M235i 6MT, BM3 Stg2+, VRSF DP-CP-FMIC, Dinan Muffler, GFB DV+, 3.5 bar MAP, Dorch Stg1 HPFP, NGK 97506, BM3 Flexfuel Kit, CDV delete, KW V3, EDC delete, Powerflex Camber LCA bushings, VMR 801 18x8.5/9.5 et45, Conti Extremecontact 235/265

Next step: M2 Competition or Manual Supra MKV build Summer 2022
Appreciate 0