View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #128
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I think that power won't be the "point" of this car--more about handling and balance. My opinion of course...

You want big power, I think you get an M3/4...or if you can swing it, an M5/6. The comment above about "soul less" seems more bent on feel and handling, rather than grunt...

BMW has shown a propensity to "slot" their respective power figures based on the model and price range. I wouldn't expect this to be any different.
you can still have the handling and 'balance' with the 6cyl motor in place.. it's only upsides really, a tiny bit more weight for WAY more power... as evidenced in the 1M.. imagine if they went all out ground up on the 1M like they did with the new M3/4.. CF hood/roof/boot from factory, that sorta thing... heck, the M3/M4 will be lighter than the 1M.. so seriously imagine it, even lighter and smaller than that yet again, with good power still!

no matter what way you look at it, the M235i would have to be a better base platform with the N55, if you wanted to go fast.. easier and cheaper to add widebody and suspension with a bigger turbo upgrade, unless the M2 has a seriously spectacular tough S20B20 with a rev limit at the moon or something.

the M2 would only really be good for showing that you can afford an 'M'.. and even then it'd be bad, since it's the base model 'M' lol.
Appreciate 0