Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
I think some of the previous Evo, STI, and other tc-4 campers would disagree.

If done right, a lightweight 4 cylinder engine in a light weight chassis would be pretty epic. Water to air intercooler from the M4, higher boost, OMG=sex.

Test drive a 328i and 335i and tell me which one is lighter to the touch...
I'll answer that for you. I own an f30 335i sport and I love it. With that being said when my car was at the shop overnight I've had numerous f30 328 with M sport package.
The 328 felt better, more nimbler, and felt every bit as fast as my 335i. Yes in your words lighter to the seat of the pants feel. Plus the m sport looks way better. Til this day I regret not choosing an m sport 328i and saving thousands and having twice the fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
I could see BMW attempting a high revving 4 for the M2, but I'm not sure how it would pan out with the M235 having a nice turbo 6, easily tuned for 100 more HP? I'm also not yet a fan of the 4-bangers. Yes they're lighter, but they're just too rough around the edges for me. Power delivery feels unrefined. There's something to be said about the buttery feel of BMW inline 6 engines. I'd probably consider tuning an M235 before buying the M2 if it came with a 4 cylinder. After all, getting the M235 over 400hp wouldn't be rocket science.
Not to burst your bubble but tuning this new Bosh ecu to deliver another 100 hp, you're dreaming big there. It's proven quite to be a PITA to tune. BMW has outsmarted everyone so far.
400hp is reaching at the very least on an m235i. If there were a good reliable tune available I would have had one with most of the other members on here.

PPK or a JB pick your poison but neither will give you anything near the figure you're after.