06-29-2018, 11:41 AM   #34
Tyresian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign528 View Post
So I finally started to see some movement on the production status of what I thought was my car. I did some research on the VIN and noticed some of the specs were off. When I inquired about the details from the dealer they told me it's not my car. Apparently, they lied and gave me someone else's production number, because I told them several months back that I needed a production number else I would cancel. When I asked from my real production number they claimed my actual order was deleted from the system, so I'll have to start all over. I have waited 4 months now and I have absolutely nothing. I'm beyond upset at this point. I really want to do performance delivery but I don't want to wait another 2-3 months. That said the dealer seems remorseful and wants to make it right so I have some leverage here for a discount or some freebies. They can get a similar car without PDC and no PD by this weekend but then I would have waited 4 months just to get a car from the lot which seems insane to me.
If that is how it goes I'd shoot for an INSANE discount. I assume the car on the lot is a 2018? After that mess and seeing some of the deals on here you better be getting at least 15% off if you take that car.

Otherwise I'd strongly recommend working with a different dealer. This is just awful. Part of the reason I'm sticking with BMW is that I've really enjoyed my dealership's experience, it was way better than my experience with the Audi dealer, though there could be some better communication.