Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by beMtroubleYou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryJI View Post
I think the THP gives you a great baseline for enhanced performance as long as you tune it. Stock, I suppose it might seem to be a ?jack of all trades? but with aftermarket springs and retuned shocks (via Dinan?s Shockware mod) the Sport and Sport + settings can be made aggressive enough to turn this car into a pretty uncompromising performance coupe while retaining its good manners in Comfort (although that gets sharpened greatly too). Obviously the M2 has a non-adaptive suspension so there?s no arguing with that but the above approach really worked for me and I cannot imagine enjoying this car half as much without the THP and suspension tune. That?s for the street though; if I tracked the car, a tuned, non-adaptive suspension would make a lot more sense.
I am sorry but this all is hard to take in, and I dont know why.

By changin the ammount of time the EDC checks parameters and then call it a "tune" for the suspension, whats that about. It just wears down the sensor even further. The suspension cant get stiffer it just is stiffer more often meaning that pothole will hit harder if the damper is hard as fuck instead of softer. Springs and dampers are what they are, if a software tune could get the job done they would use the same solution on the m2.

Can someone explain exacly what Dinan changes?

I kinnda get the hate against these guys.
My constructive post merely makes you hate Dinan?? Congratulations on the constructive response.

2015 BMW 228i M Sport w/Track Handling Package
DAP | Lighting | Premium | Tech
DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner Stage 1 | DINAN Shockware | DINAN Free Flow Exhaust | DINAN Performance Spring Set + Ride Quality and Handling Kit
Appreciate 0