03-31-2018, 03:01 PM   #19
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22_Matt View Post
I like having a lot of options to choose from. Gives the customer the opportunity to pick the car they truly want instead of settling for the closest thing available. Porsche for example has a relatively limited number of different vehicles but within each model you can pick between the base, S, GTS, turbo, turbo S, etc. I prefer that approach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
I don't understand people who object to the proliferation of models on principle. What harm is this practice doing to you? If there are people who buy these models, BMW will continue to manufacture them. Does it bother you that VW and Audi models are built on identical platforms? Or does the apparent dilution of the purity of the BMW brand devalue the car that you drive?
Yes, I too would like to own bespoke shoes but I don't have $5000 lying around, so I wear Crocs at $50 a pair, which no bespoke shoemaker can duplicate.
Most people that i know cant justify paying for a fully loaded 340 when you can get a base 320 that looks almost identical for half the price.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0