Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomps View Post
Maybe it comes down to a difference of interpretation over "with the performance to back it up." I would tend to side with you that we shouldn't mistake the performance of the car as a reason to go around calling it a true M-car when we all know it's not. But that statement could just as easily mean "it's a legitimately quick car, fast enough to deserve some kind of distinction from the regular lineup, and who cares how BMW decides to make that distinction; I certainly don't."

At the end of the day, anyone familiar with BMW will know Mxxx doesn't mean the same thing as Mx. And everyone, familiar with BMW or not, will recognize that the car is pretty quick.
i have no problem with this car...in fact i think its the best looking car in the current fleet of bmws (m3/4 really isn't out yet for me)...and i agree it does have some serious performance.

but my statement to the original quoted poster of how bmw got what they wanted in his response, I still stand by - "sorry thats what its called and the M moniker will go with it", exactly what bmw planned to do, no differentiation in his post as long as it has an M.
So do you buy your M3 cuz its got the Proper "M" badge on it?

I guess not and you own an M3 cuz its a freakin awesome car right? Same for M235i owners
Appreciate 0