10-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #14
NotARealMCar
Wannabe ///M Car Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i 6spd Fake ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidpaper View Post
Voiding a warranty is a weird thing. No, BMW will not cover your exhaust system if you have an aftermarket downpipe installed. However, it does not "void the warranty" in full, and, in reality, nothing does.

The way this usually works is that only the system effected actually gets voided. For example, you put the Fabspeed pipe in, and then your windows all of a sudden don't want to roll down anymore. Your windows would still be covered under warranty, because it has nothing to do with the downpipe.

On the other hand, if you have an exhaust leak (and put the downpipe in), BMW would (most likely) not cover any repairs.
Liquidpaper is right, what was explained to me is that the only warranty I would be voiding is the Federal 8 or 10 year 80,000 CAT warranty that every car has or something (apparently, did not know this). SO, if the CAT were to go bad and throw a CEL and I brought it in for service, they obviously would NOT service it...good thing to keep the stock downpipe, throw it back on, then take it in.