04-07-2014, 01:40 PM   #52
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms644 View Post
I LOVE those rims! Odd about the run-flats though that doesn't make too much sense. All tasteful upgrades IMO but to each their own bc everyone's opinion will differ. Oh and nice license plate btw
All cars made by BMW AG come with runflats so since these wheels can be installed on any BMW, I guess they chose runflats to avoid uninformed customers buying an F30 335i, upgrading to these wheels and then suddenly being stranded by the side of the road because they didn't realize they no longer had runflat tires like a normal 335i.

The M235i is technically an M gmbh product and they are free to use whatever tires they want so the M235i comes with Pilot Super Sports.

That's my take on the situation, it's weird but when you understand how corporations like this make their decisions it does make a little sense. The $4,100 price also makes perfect sense. People comparing this price to the 19" upgrade on the E92 M3 are forgetting that in the M3's case, you are simply paying the difference between 18" and 19" wheels / tires whereas in this case you're getting a car with one full set of wheels and tires and also buying a second set of wheels and tires.
Appreciate 0