View Single Post
      05-06-2014, 11:53 AM   #137
Tiago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
So there MUST be a reason. The reason is the internal engine parts are not up to the task on the N55 vs the N54 power levels.Dack
I was under the impression that both use the same block and same internal specs (size at least). First they released a strong engine (forged internals) to avoid problems and gain market trust (+600rwhp vishnu fftec). Then they focused into reducing costs: one turbo cheaper than two; weaker/cheaper internal parts... But as i said before, i still don't believe that BMW would gamble to release a FI engine with just 12% of margin for internal parts (rods, pistons, crankshaft...). Just do the math for others BMW FI engines stock vs tuners values with just bolt ons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I just was driven in their 1M on the Nordschleife. It was AMAZING. It absolutely "killed" every car out there. Porsche's/Lambo's/Ferrari's you name it - it was toast. Their 1M had 600 HP not 700, my mistake. And it had two turbos, that are not OE. I will (hopefully) do an in depth story on their 1M packages. But for now that's the only info I can give you.Dack
You don't need a 600hp stage to kill Porsche's/Lambo's/Ferrari's at track. I bet that a stock engine with dedicted suspension, brake and tire combo will be enough for that job.

I want to believe into tuningwerk claims but words is just words and it isn't enough for me. I'm looking forward for that info and see how different it is from other tuners stages. There is on youtube a red BMS 335i with RB turbos and a serious weight reduction killing a bung of high hp cars.