View Single Post
      02-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #96
MrBallooKnot
Private
Rep
Drives: Like I Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post
Ok, I've read this entire thread and first let me say that I am mightily impressed by the knowledge and expertise that many of you have. Unfortunately, I have neither. I have the stock, base audio system and I'm just looking to improve the sound so that it's at least "acceptable" (it's terrible now). My car is a lease so I'm not looking to put a whole lot of money into it as it is very unlikely I will remove whatever I put in at lease end. I'm also not an audiophile nor do I want to shake windows with bass. It sounds to me that simply swapping out the stock door and rear deck speakers for Focal ISC 100's or JBL GTO 429's and disconnecting the center speaker might produce the improvement I'm looking for. Does this sound about right?
Yep. I'm not even sure you need to swap out the rear speakers to see a significant improvement.

I'm still on the fence about the center speaker. I've disconnected it for about a week now as it was really easy to do (just pull up on the grill starting with the pointy side). I'll probably hook it back up after another week to see if it makes a + or - difference for me.
Appreciate 0