View Single Post
      08-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #176
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz31 View Post
wtfbrah - being about a 3 months in the future representation of you, here's my suggestion. Go with the edge to performance over luxury. My guess is you can probably tolerate the less squishy ride in favor of performance at this stage in your life assuming this will be your daily. Also take advantage of the fact you don't need a backseat or to transport a lot. If you can honestly (and seriously be realistic with yourself, spoil your girl and don't live life month to month for a car) afford the 911 - do it. Additionally, if you look at your budget and realize that the m3/porsche is off the table - DO NOT GO TEST IT LOL. Had I never known what it was like to drive the M3, this thread probably wouldnt exist
This is pretty much my dilemma right now.

I can "afford" the 911 - and I wouldn't be living paycheck to paycheck. But, it is double the car payment (more or less) per month, which means an extra $500 that I could otherwise spend on nice dinners, fancy toys, the new Apple Watch, et cetera. I think it's fair to say that a 911 would be stretching my budget. A Cayman, not so much.

But if I drive an M3 or 911 and then try and get back into an M240i, you're right, I might end up feeling like I'm missing out.

If I had make a decision right now (I don't, I'm gonna let it sit, let it stew in my head, and order my car in 1-2 months), I would go with an M240i xDrive fully loaded, then tune the fuck out of it (stage 3), get really really nice wheels, a Valentine radar detector, LIDAR jammer, front and rear dash cams, performance exhaust, carbon fiber interior parts and rear spoiler, tinted windows, and have an absolute fucking monster of a car with 450+hp and some nice luxury features, for still less than I'd pay for a base Cayman. Then spend that extra monthly income on nice steak dinners with expensive wine.
Appreciate 0