View Single Post
      05-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #135
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
Mirrors are just painted, seats are just different stitching & embroidery, and the engine is the same one that's been developed for the X4 M40i. Not saying any of that is a bad thing, it's still just BMW using existing parts to build a new car.

I agree with your statement though; to the extent that it's not the m2's problem it doesn't have a home, it's the M235i's fault. BMW made the existing M235i too good to be able to fit an M2 comfortably between the m235i and the M3/4.

It's been said for a while now that the M2 will be a full production-run car. I'd expect that after this next production cycle that the M2's will be fairly easy to acquire. BMW did a good job with what they did for the M2: They made it rare, they made it a commodity, they made waiting lists, & they made enough hype about it that people were willing to pay over sticker for the first initial production cars. I'm sure you saw the M2 training pictures at Thermal a few weeks ago, surely that alone shows there's no actual shortage of M2's.
Yep, it's been said that the M2 will be in no way a limited production run like the 1M.
Appreciate 0