06-29-2016, 09:55 PM   #9
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiller219 View Post
I drove the M2 yesterday. It pulls a tad harder and exhaust was louder but it had M perf. Interior exactly the same as the M235. I would say to go from a M235 to a M2 would be a waste of time and money unless you really need to tell someone you have a true M car. Not worth the switch to me. Only was up from M235 to me would be M3 or M4 anything else is either a step backwards or in the same direction.
I agree about the interior but those wheels & tires on the M2 are nice, and the aggressive look is cool. I love my M235i, but honesty wish I had been more patient. M2's are popping up here and there at dealerships selling at MSRP. I can fly anywhere I want, and may have been able to get one. Now I'm sure I'd take a massive hit trying to trade in my M235i for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyn View Post
Makes me feel good about my car. They are rough on the M235i though...
Yes they were. I think that article ticked off a few M235i owners on here. I admit it bothered me as well. I don't mind the criticism, and that they like the 228i better, but it seems like they really took it too far IMO. Drive's like a Buick, really I think the M235i drives awesome and love it, and I guess that's all that matters.
Appreciate 1