05-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #27
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southjersey128 View Post
We all know that it is mostly marketing, but all they did was change from calling it an "is". Now they have a flow to their lineup like the Audi's do. Base, Mnumbered, Full M.
In fact, there is nothing wrong really with the time or overall performance of the M235i. It is just fine. I had a good test drive with one and it is as fast as the 1M if with 8 speed auto and PSS equipped. 1M still feels a tiny bit stronger maybe but most people would not feel a noticeable difference and prefer easy-to-go-fast character of the M235i.

There is a mis-marketing which plagues an otherwise a very fine overall package of the M235i, it is not engineered to be a track weapon and people tend to forget that. The driver here praises the car yet some gets frustrated because it is 2 sec. slower than a 1M or a TT RS! If all we need is bragging rights than those will need to wait a M2 to fix the order in the universe.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0