Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Rufus View Post
Cool! Keep us posted on your status - I have an order in with my dealer, but they're waiting on a January allocation. I took my wife on one test drive. She is totally not a car person. She has a Forester that she loves (because it's "cute"), although I like it because it's incredible in the snow...

Back on topic. After the test drive, she kept talking about the incredible sound the M240 makes...even non-car people appreciate the straight 6!
The status changed yesterday from "At the port" to "In transit", meaning that it's left the port in Bremerhaven and is on a ship. Expected arrival at the port in Oxnard, CA is approximately 30 days. I'll update here when the status changes.

My wife is a car nut like me, so we made sure to test drive several different vehicles before we settled on the M240i. She's an Audi fan so it took some convincing to have her drive BMWs, but I think she's converted now. She didn't even want to drive the Audi RS3 because she likes the way the BMW drives and she thinks it looks better too.

That inline six sound from BMW is exhilarating! If your wife loves that sound, get her to go on a test drive in an X3 M40i in Sport Plus mode (for the exhaust crackles and pops); she just might want to trade in that Forester!
Interesting reading this. I put money down on mine 10/23/18 and the dealer tells me they have no information on it's process yet.
I'm wondering if there's something they're not telling me. Especially reading about dealer allocations.
Congratulations on your new one, hope it has a great boat ride !
Appreciate 0