08-05-2017, 07:34 PM   #689
Rommel42
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Commando View Post
Hi fellow bimmerheads,

I installed the Racechip Ultimate into my 2014 435i (N55 engine) and saw an instant, unmistakable boost in power.

That was on stock settings S1=B, S2=1. Since then, I have changed the settings to stage 4 per the manual (i.e. S1=E, S2=2) and that definitely gave a noticeable power increase over the stock settings.

Has anyone gone beyond stage 4 settings? When I say "stage 4", I mean simply and extra 3 notches above stock on S1...it seems that's the scheme per the manual regardless of what your stock settings may be.

I'm pretty happy with stage 4 but obviously would love any incremental power. I emailed racechip and they said that I can experiment going further one notch at a time, until at some point the engine will throw an error at which point we can just revert to the previously highest setting.

So has anyone with an N55 engine (stock settings = B1) gone beyond E2?

Cheers!
Hi Mate,here is my little input.I have the M235i 2016 (N55 engine of course).
To start,you don't touch S1 at all on the Racechip Ultimate.My default setting on S2 was B.After install I felt a "nice" increase in performance.After about 200 mil I changed S2 to C.It felt slightly better.But after getting Code POOBD
about 3 times ,sometimes driving 600,other times after 300 mil. I changed back to setting S2=B.POOBD meaning:Powertrain-Fuel and Air Metering.Mass or Air Flow "A" Circuit Range/Performance-Air Flow too High.The main thing is I am still happy with Setting B.Still want to contact Raceship support about the code.If anyone else ever got code POOBD please tell us about it.

Cheers
Appreciate 0