View Single Post
      07-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
HX_Guy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Hey guys, I just picked up a 2014 M235i a couple days ago. It's my first BMW and I'm loving the car.

I've been driving Audi's for the past 11 years (2002 A4 and then 2011 A4). The last A4 was FWD but it had the Sport Pkg and was a nice car...the M235i though is on a whole other level.

I actually had to fly out to San Diego from Phoenix to buy the car, there were none anywhere in AZ to even look at in person so it was pretty nuts to do a deal all through the phone/text and just going off pictures...though I didn't actually sign anything until I got to the dealership.

The car is Mineral Gray with a 6MT, Premium Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg (camera & parking sensors), Technology Pkg and Harmon Kardon. Really exactly what I wanted...love the color and all the options, it's exactly what I would have ordered if I were to order a new one (except maybe auto high beams, that would have been nice too).

Planning to get tint ASAP (I heard I need to get ceramic tint as metallic interferes with the Comfort Access, is that correct?) and some wheel spacers ASAP, that will probably be it mod wise.

Quick funny story and then some pictures.

As I was leaving Vista, CA (where the dealership is), I looked up on my phone now to get back and it showed two routes...one heading north to LA and then the I-10 east and the other south toward San Diego and the I-8 east. Instead though, I used the car's navigation and put the address in there, chose fastest route and just went, without actually looking at the map.

The car took me through here. It knew the real route that needed to be taken.

The road couldn't have been better! Just beautiful two lane highway, 55 MPH limit and wide open most of the way with lots of twists and turns. What a great way to experience the car for the first time!

And photos of the car...

Last edited by HX_Guy; 07-06-2014 at 11:37 PM..
Appreciate 0