Brakes
DCT
Real suspension
Exhaust
Substantive motor/cooling changes
Wheels
Wider track/body
Etc, etc...

Basically the same list of shit that's different between a 3er and M3, 4er and M4, etc., etc...

I lived with a 235 for 17 months - the M2 is going to be a very very different experience...and I know that because I have driven the F80X M cars enough to know that firsthand.
Not quite the same list of shit. Some of the things that the M3 and M4 have over their non-M counterparts include carbon fiber body panels, optional carbon ceramic brakes, optional M Performance exhausts, optional LED headlights, and unique seats. The M2 won't have any of these.
The difference of the difference... If we really want to go there? Is that the M2 will not have carbon fiber body panels and its engine will not be a full on S engine. Instead the engine will be a hybrid.

If we interpret the information About the over boost dying off at higher RPM we can imagine this engine will not be breathing at the higher RPM like an M4.

However, the M2 will climb up the powerband probably very strong up to 6k rpm.

And all the other optional equipment on the M4 is not what makes it so great in the first place, but rather all its chassis tuning, track testing and suspension setup.

The M2 should be pretty great.

And why the jump is less M235i to M2 vs the older 135i to 1M is because the 135i had less power than the M235i ir upcoming M240i will have.

Once the car is released all these questions will be answered.
Appreciate 1