View Single Post
      08-31-2015, 09:57 AM   #5
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

I had safelite done on my F30 with the HUD and had no issues whatsoever. The total cost to me was $0.00

The only visual difference was the lack of the roundel and the fact that the new windshield I got had a small opening above the windscreen for the front view camera (which my car did not have). Since I was leasing there was zero incentive other than an OCD level cosmetic difference that could not be determined by anyone else who didn't know the difference.

Structurally glass is glass. People on these boards have talked about "soft" glass, which is snake oil BS - hardness is hardness.

If you want to pay the delta to have the Roundel on the corner that is certainly your choice, but if you're doing it with an expectation that there is a difference in quality then be warned. Also, many BMW dealers outsource their glass replacement, so if you want to have it done by the dealership confirm they will actually change it themselves. I called 2 local dealers and both confirmed they outsource to an un-named third party.