View Single Post
      02-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #32
rpagianotto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F22 m235i 8AT

There's an m sport kit for this, so it's going to have ///m all over it. Pointless.

I'm, sorry, BMW, I do understand that you have to broaden your lineup to reach more market, but instead of diluting the core BMW brand, why not create another sub brand, akin to the BMW i?

The car itself, for a minivan, is not bad, obviously. It doesn't look very good IMO, but then again, no minivan does, but at least the interior is awesome, the tech is awesome and so should the 3 cylinder engines be.

But this thing represents more than that. It means taking back all the promises of the 'ultimate driving machine' and that bmw's are uncorrupted rwd and 50-50 weight distribution.

To me, these promises are what made bmw set itself apart from its competitors. I see nothing particular about this car in comparison to the merc B class, meaning that the choice it's exclusively a matter of taste now.

And you know what else? They say that it is possible to have good dynamics with FWD and that most of the consumers that buy the 1 series don't even know that it's RWD trying to justify the change. F*** that. The consumer might not know it's RWD, but sure as hell is able to tell that the 1er drives better and different from the other cars in its class. And that difference comes from RWD. And no matter how good a FWD car may be, and there definitely are good ones out there (I'm even looking at the mini on this), their dynamics don't come even close to a well balanced RWD car.

And finally, they say that the 3er won't switch to FWD, that they'll keep building other exciting cars etc etc etc. But with this we know that BMW doesn't keep promises, right? (no getting over the fwd bunny ad)

No matter how good this car turns out to be, in my mind, this is still a sad day for BMW fans.
Appreciate 0