View Single Post
      11-20-2017, 08:36 AM   #1097
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Yeah, everything I've ever read says that a full tank with stabilizer is the way to go. I've stored my bikes and cars that way for years with no issues ever.

I just stored my 235 for the winter yesterday (3rd winter in storage). My process is:
  • fill the tank and add Sta-Bil stabilizer
  • inflate tires 2 pounds over normal (35 front/40 rear)
  • plywood pieces under the tires
  • unheated garage
  • California Car Cover indoor cover
  • battery tender with cable fed from underneath engine
  • dryer sheets in engine bay, trunk, and tailpipes for mice
  • mouse trap in engine bay and next to left front tire
  • notify insurance carrier that car is stored for reduced premium

My biggest worry is the mice. One got in the engine bay the first year of storage. I noticed it within a week of storing the car, so I added the dryer sheets and traps. No apparent damage other than a few droppings on the engine cover and no more signs of mice that year, but I did catch three last year in the trap next to the tire and caught one in the engine bay trap.

I store mine from late November/early December to the end of March. It's a long and sad 4 months.
Thanks for all this. From what I've read to now, I've gotten ready, and shared that on the other thread on this topic. Glad we've never had mice in our garage since we've been there (1995). Might want to check these out instead of plywood...https://www.amazon.com/Tire-Rest-Pre...ct_top?ie=UTF8

There are many other brands out there, but some have crazy pricing...these seemed more reasonable.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0