05-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
caycep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Another melbourne red 228i in SoCal...

Seeing as there were a dearth of 228i's bemoaned here, I decided to add to the population.

First free weekend, time for a shakedown voyage!

A nice jaunt in early Sunday AM, when everyone else is still asleep. A quick trip down 134->101 and up Mulholland Highway, and I find Piuma Rd, made famous in many a youtube video of yore. It was much narrower and tighter than I thought. I took it easy out of a fear of making like Wil E Coyote off a cliff. This car does great at 20-30 mph in sport mode!

OK, well enough of that...I was getting a panic up there. So I head down to terra firma, trailing a cyclist who probably wondered who was the idle chap tailing him down at 15 mph. Ah well, it's sunday, no rush. I used the time to test out the HK sound system. Not an expert but does great on 1960's analog mono recordings...

OK, well down to good ol' PCH! Time for a pit stop...

A nice leisurely jaunt down PCH to Point Dume from there. During which I was passed by many a Camaro and Corvette. Oh well, their loss.

A few side roads later, and success!

Review:

228i:
-Quite good at going slow
-probably good at going fast, i'll probably know eventually
-looks beautiful
-all sorts of gizmos and doodads
-likes to scoot more than my Toyota Highlander
-hm, my Toyota isn't bad as being a car either...come to think of it...

Now I have to deal with some battle scars (somehow got either a scuff mark or hard to remove schmutz, and a nail in the tire...sigh).
Attached Images

Appreciate 2